Posted by JB22 on April 09, 2003 at 07:59:32:
On several occasions, I've run into some HUGE sheep crabs while diving (and sometime, while hoop-netting for lobsters).
I have very tempted to take one home and try it (as many people say that they taste good), but never have. Mainly because of the following:
1) They look NASTY! With what appears to be a colony of worms/stuff moving back and forth on them.
2) I do not know how to prepare them (prep., cooking etc). For lobsters, I cook them roughly 7 minutes per pound (give or take, depending).
Now the questions:
1) How do you prepare them? meaning, do you 'scrub-off' all the 'stuff' first or?
2) How long do you boil them?
3) Is there substantial meat in the legs, body, or both?
4) Finally, what do they taste like? Someone told me they taste like king crabs. Is this true?
Thanks in advance,
Post a Followup