diver.net

PADI Standards, fact or fiction?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by diver from back in the day on March 20, 2006 at 18:30:43:

I read the post made below from “Eric” and thought what would happen if I ran a “Google Search” for “Padi DM’s and their intended responsibility”. There were several pages on this, but this was the first one and I think very interesting. Sure wish I could go on any boat in CA and the DM’s acted like this. They all seem to be on a power trip. By Padi’s own admission, the DM’s have little or no authority, but they still, and continuously cram it down in our face. Please read this and comment as you see fit, or tell the DM to F**k off next time they try to tell you how to dive. Remember they are not instructors and you are not a student. Even if you are, your INSTUCTOR will instruct you.

PADI DIVE MASTER PROGRAM

“The role of a PADI Dive master: Clearly, a dive master is a leader - someone whom others turn to, to solve problems, for advice, for assistance and just to make the dive more convenient and more fun. More important like other leaders in the dive industry, a dive master is someone who serves other divers”.

Gosh what a refreshing glimpse of what a DM should be. Now can we just find a few of them?

Diver from, back in the day.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.