|A request of the moderators|
Posted by MHK on March 22, 2006 at 22:08:50:|
Our differences are well known so they bear no rationale reason to repeat them again. That said, I strongly suspect that we all have a vested interest in seeing the Chamber fund raising event succeed. With that backdrop in mind, I have a couple of requets that I hope, in the spirit of the Chamber, you'll honor:
1) Don't continue to allow sockpuppets to denigrate a proposal, that if allowed to move forward, will earn thousands and thousands of dollars on an annual basis;
2) Don't let your personal animosity towards me affect your judgement;
3) Resist the temptation to allow gratutious cheap shots biased against DIR/GUE to continue;
4) Take a lead and/or proactive role in advancing this effort;
5) Acknowledge that I have avoided posting to this list for the longest time in favor of continued imature behavior;
6) Offer a public opportunity for instructors to offer "Chamber designated" classes;
7) Reward publicly those instructors that seize this opportunity and freely donate their time for this effort;
8) Recognize, and appreciate, that this effort will start out small, but will grow exponetially every year, so do what you can to help;
9) Encourage the instructors and the students that are members of this list, to avail themselves of this opportunity;
10) Meet me half way, put your personal feelings aside, and look at the bigger picture. The bigger picture is to look at new and innovative ways to raise money.
We know that there is a certain segment of the local cyber community that is heavily invested in failure, we know that there is a certain segment of the cyber community that would prefer that this effort fail, and we also know that there is yet another certain segment of the cyber community that would rather stand on the sidelines and take low blows from the cheap seats. They are who they are, it is fairly obvious who they are, so my final request of the moderators is to join me in this effort and work together so this effort wins, rather then allow the sockpuppets to sidetrack the issue for the sophmoric pleasure of private, and personal enjoyment.
I hope you join me in this effort.
|Optional Link URL:|
|Optional Link Title:|
|Optional Image URL:|
|Post Background Color:||White Black|
|Post Area Page Width:||Normal Full|
|You must type in the
scrambled text key to
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.