diver.net

Re: Re: I can't help but respond to this one

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on March 31, 2006 at 01:12:53:

In Reply to: Re: I can't help but respond to this one posted by gregg M on March 31, 2006 at 00:41:03:

I on't mean to shift the focus to the boat captains. Bless them for everything that they do, they shoud be recognized, and maybe cannonized.

I do think that the focus of the whole thing has gotten screwed up. Everybody profits from having a terrific hyperbaric chamber. If dive boat captains don't get an insurnce disount fom having the Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber near by - well.....they should (you know....like having a fire hydrant and a fire department near your house you get a homeowners discount).

I would bet that the Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber is up there with the best dive treatment facilities in the world. It has medical personel, the Coast Guard, Bay Watch, (some of the finest people in the world) fine tuned for direct access. The chamber crew is trained - over and over and over on training runs. I don't think the Southern California Dive Community realizes what a gem it has out there.

Anyway, I have a hard time understanding anyone who doesn't understand what having the fnest in the world is all about. Is the chamber the newest - no. Can it do the job - it is awesome. You may not be pampered quite as good as the Hilton - but if you need your life saved - I'd definitely go there.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to