diver.net

PADI QA is an oxymoron

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on October 24, 2006 at 13:06:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: roll call posted by PADI_QA on October 24, 2006 at 09:48:27:

The only thing the PADI quality assurance program assures is consistent low quality instruction.

I called PADI on April 30, 2004 to see what would happen to the DM/Instructor that left Drifting Dan at the Rigs. I was forwarded to Celeste Tanguay in the legal department.
She told me that they only have authority over training issues and this was not a training issue since it involved certified divers diving on their own.

In 2003 I had a friend who taught for Sport Chalet part time, he had done so for many years. He also worked as a DM on many of the local dive boats. He was originally a NAUI instructor, but crossed over to PADI when Sport Chalet made the change. He was a good instructor and spent more time in the water on drills with his students than PADI requires. One time a student filed a complaint because in her class she had to do more in-the-water time than her friend with another instructor, and she did not want to spend the time. My instructor friend got a discipline letter from PADI because he was requiring more than their stated standards, something he was used to doing as a NAUI instructor.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to