diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Solo training!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Instructor on January 30, 2008 at 16:56:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Solo training! posted by halibug on January 30, 2008 at 08:53:45:

When free diving, one takes a breath at the surface, descends and then ascends with the same air capacity breathed in minus what is breathed out in the process. Breathing air at depth and ascending while holding that air in, particularly within that first atmosphere, i.e., 33 ft to surface, air that can expand dramatically and dangersouly, is entirely different.

Interesting, that a self-proclaimed 'competent' diver would use the same nominally 'natural' procedures for tank diving and free diving. Interesting too, that you would point to your confusion(?) about tank vs, free diving techniques as a defense as well as attack me/accuse me of training my students to kill each other. Nice.

FYI, While you might have been 'safer' on that dive at that moment, your buddy might have died. Thus, the sentence "we are safer diving with a buddy" still stands. But hey, don't let anyone else's safety stand in the way of your fun.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to