Re: I think you're wrong Jim . . . (MHK please read also)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 11, 2000 at 13:04:10:

In Reply to: I think you're wrong Jim . . . (MHK please read also) posted by SLANG on August 11, 2000 at 12:43:25:

This is getting redundant. please for the nth time review what I have been saying.. My comments are limited to diver's PENETRATING THE WRECK... PENETRATING, PENETRATING, PENETRATING!!!!!!!!!!!

PENETRATING.................

Assuming that is now clear enough, my comments of course recognize that there won't be the scuba cop on the wreck and I acknowledge that there could be some enforceability issues. But what I find ironic is that the arguements that we have been hearing about *trusting* diver's to make the appropriate decisions respecting penetrating and then we propose instituting a rule, regulation, policy or whatever the hell you want to call it, that simply says you need to be oe certified if you are going to penetrate, and then we propose to *trust* the diver's once they get underwater and follow that rule and it's is regarded as unworkable??

Which is it guys, do you trust the diver's or not???

But whether they follow the rule or not, for sure some will slip through and go in anyway, but a fair amount ( as msbluecow noted) will have a better understanding of the challenges and recognize the challenge for what it is.. What's wrong with that??

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]