Nitrox and the Yukon........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 27, 2000 at 13:42:50:

It has been argued by some that the risks associtaed with Nitrox ( most notably oxygen toxicity ) is reason enough alone to forego Nitrox. I, obvioulsy, believe otherwide. My understanding of this Nitrox position is that the belief is that a diver could perhaps knowingly or unkowingly exceed the MOD and suffer a potentially fatal seizure. Fair points to raise for sure, but in my view if a diver is incapable of maintaining bouyancy above 130' ( for example with a 32% ) than there are a multiplicity of other concerns I would have this diver anyway, the least of which is whether or not he/she should be on Nitrox..

But my point is that everyone diving Nitrox should of course be cognizent of MOD's, but to advance the arguement with respect to Nitrox I fail to see the heightened concern when a diver is doing a dive with a sure, fixed hard bottom.. In my view the Yukon is the perfect dive in SoCal to dive using Nitrox so I'm wondering why the majority of diver's aren't using Nitrox.. It seems easy enough to get as I know the Lois Ann and the Blue Escape make it pretty easily available..

Any thoughts from our esteemed gang????

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]