Re: AAARRGGGHHH! I got bent! Or did I?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 06, 2001 at 15:47:00:

In Reply to: AAARRGGGHHH! I got bent! Or did I? posted by msblucow on November 06, 2001 at 14:59:58:

Wow Marta, I'm sorry to hear about your expereinces and I thank you for sharing becuase I always believe it's a good thing to share with other's because I hope some will learn from the mistakes [ or percieved mistakes] of others..

From what you report it doesn't appear as though you did anything overtly that would warrant a *hit*.. Have you ever had a PFO test???

I would also take this opportunity to point out that I firmly believe that had you been diving Nitrox or Triox and had the same exact profile you would clearly had a greater margin of safety and may very well likely have not suffered a hit. We'll obviously never know for sure, but perhaps this will entice Ken to re-think his antiquated Nitrox policy..

I agree with your assessment of the crew at the Chamber because they are top notch and we are very lucky to have such a dedicated group of volunteers..

It's difficult to evaluate the idea of the bingee straps over the internet, and I would not even dream of second guessing Dr. Sipsey, whom I hold in high regard, but that being said can you further describe how tight you had the straps??? A little trick that I use is that the strap that goes on the upper part of the arm I added an extra 1/4 or so of bungee since the top part of my arm is larger then the part near my wrist..

I'm glad you are OK but I hope you don't mind sharing your experiences vis-a-vis my follow up questions???

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]