What I went through to dive Saturday.....

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ed on March 18, 2002 at 10:42:51:

As the last weekend was the last opportunity (weekend) to dive for bugs, I was determined to make an attempt.
With the weather forecast, I knew taking my own boat was out of the question. Furthermore, the poor visibility and high surf, made beach diving less than desirable.
Not wanting to drive far to get on a boat, Spectre seemed like the best solution. It was to leave Saturday AM for Santa Cruz and Anacapa.
Called Ted (capitan) to reserve, and he advised me to call Sports Chalet, as they have the entire boat charterred for Saturday.
Called Sports Chalet, and was informed that it is fully booked. I put my name on the 'standby' list, hopeing for a cancellation.
Friday came, and ALL HELL broke loose at work... Everything that could go wrong, truly did. Worked 12 hours straight, and was asked to work Saturday and Sunday to have the issue resolved, if necessary.
As you would have guessed, that is when I recieved a phone call from Sports Chalet reservations, informing me that a single spot had openned up for Saturday.... DOH!!!!
Well, I was able to resolve the issue at work, late friday, so once more, I was able to go, but..... The reservations office was already closed!
Went to the local Sports Chalet, and explained the situation regarding the single cancellation, and after some convincing, they finally sold me a spot!!!! YEPEE!!!!
It was supposed to be an 'open water certification' boat.... For once, I would look like the 'experienced' guy!!!

Went home, packed all my gear, and loaded up the truck, set the alarm clock for 5:00 am, and went to bed.... The stupid alarm did not go off!!! (had set it for 5:00 pm instead). By the time I got up and was ready to leave, it was TOO LATE!
Then, I realized the BIG BOO BOO that I had made. Even if I had made it to the boat, I had packed everything, except..... MY WET SUIT! Talk about looking dumb in front of everyone! Going through all that, paying, getting on the boat, and finding out that there will be no diving for me!
In any case, I went to Sports Chalet Saturday, trying to see if I can get a refund... To my surprize, as soon as they saw my reciept, they said "Refund for the cancellation of the boat?" (apparently, due to bad weather, Spectre had cancelled the trip!). Yeah! That's it! the boat was cancelled!, I replied. Got a refund, and went home.
Pheeeew.....WHAT A PROCESS!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]