Re: Boat Mr. C

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HD on September 02, 2002 at 10:22:07:

In Reply to: Boat Mr. C posted by Senor Tiburon on September 02, 2002 at 08:20:54:

It seems, Mr. "experienced diver", that your whole experience stems from booking a spot on a dive boat without having your own tanks. All of your "clues" reference the tank issue. Had you had your tanks would the dive have been a good experience? I bet it would have.

The fact the Captain had a "crap attitude" probably was brought on when you arrived and found you were going to have a problem diving without some air. I'm sure it was his fault at that point, and you let him know that.

About the only dive boats that do provide tanks are tourist destinations and cruise stop points. The dive boats in Ca. are neither (well sort of) and most cater to regular divers that live in the area with a few exceptions to out of state travellers. But most of us do a little research before we sign up. You obviously have access to the internet and this board. Why didn't you check out the boats beforehand?

My point, don't slam a boat because of your error in preparation. By the way, I have never been on the Mr. C and have no interest(monetarily)in the boat, but I have been on others. None of them supplied the tanks and none of 'em were wannabe dive boats.

Try this: Next time you book a dive boat---check out the information before you go. Oh yeah, and ask 'em when you book the trip if you need your mask, fins, snorkel, weight belt, BCD, exposure suit, regulator, booties, tank, camera, game bag, speargun, save-a-dive kit, gear bag, or whatever else you like to dive with so you can blame yourself instead of everyone else ("dive shop, boat, captain and crew") if you don't like the dive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]