The Blame Game

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eleena Oak on October 31, 2002 at 18:11:11:

The blame game. Mankind has almost always hunted. Up until resent times it was necessary for survival. For citizens of the USA it is no longer necessary to hunt for survival.
The citizens who still choose to hunt today, do it for recreation (there is nothing wrong with that).
But, there is something wrong with hunting in a sick environment. An environment that there are species, that are dying out. An environment that only needs a little push to set it over the edge.
I know that our (so called) Sport fishing boats take more in one weekend, then what all the divers is SoCal take in year. I know that the Commercial boats take, is a 100 times greater then that of Sport fishing boats.
I know that Grey Davis is an ass, and is only thinking about how much money and power he can get.
I know that the Ocean has always been the poor step-child to the F/G.
I know that if the new laws are not enforced, that MLPA well not work.
I know that divers may disrupt some of the marine life’s daily patterns (just as a storm, big swell, change in water temp. would do, mankind is part of nature too).
I know that mankind has been given the gift to govern over the environment and the creatures of this world.
And I know that if mankind isn’t willing to change his patterns that there is little hope for this worlds survival.
I know that if we don't do something, we only have ourselves to blame.

Eleena

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]