1 Day, or 3 Days for Chamber Day?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by White Elephant Hunter on February 02, 2003 at 21:11:59:

The other day I was told that the real cost of Chamber Day has now gone over the edge. I over heard Roger Hess talking to his son. Roger said that Chamber Day is now a 3-day event instead of the intended 1-day during the week, offer that he suggested, many years ago.
I did not really pay any attention to this until tonight. I was just messing around, and looked at Chris Grossman's web (diver. net, boat comparison) page about the dive boats in California, and decided to check their events pages.
I am shocked at what I saw. Roger Hess is absolutely correct. Only two boats were booked, the Encore, and Great Escape (Funny that they both were/are Hess Boats). I did not see any other local boats booked for the entire following weekend.
Reef Seekers, who apparently is running the day does not charter for that weekend. I saw only Sport Chalet, and Kenny's group (I think out of town).
I believe that the boat owners are going out of their way to continue to keep the "White Elephant" (Catalina Dive Chamber, the chamber has removed their page on how many rescues, or treatments they make, why?) alive, but the shops cannot support the following weekend. Perhaps the "Chamber Day" should be on Sunday, so the dive boats only have to donate one day instead of an entire weekend.
I can hear it now; Ken will say what about Chamber Night? Well what about it? Make it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.

White Elephant Hunter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]