Did you read the post thouroughly, Elaine?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DougD on October 28, 2003 at 15:20:01:

In Reply to: Re: History--Give me a Break posted by Elaine on October 28, 2003 at 14:29:03:

Slanted journalism? What the hell are you talking about? This appears to me to be nothing more than an accounting of how this "style" of diving has evolved.

What is the motive of these people? Where have you been Elaine?

This is simply a discussion of another way of diving. That they adopted the term "DIR" is unfortunate in that it comes across as an attack against close-minded individuals such as yourself who refuse to recognize there might be a better way.

I will never be a techie or a cave diver but I do recognize that "DIR" has much to offer. I have experimented with the long hose, and bungied necklace, and I find this configuration to be preferable to the "accepted way" of Doing It (notice I did not say, Doing It Wrong). My octo no longer comes loose from inadequate holding devices, I am more comfortable, and have fewer entanglement problems.

I have also tried the BP and wing as of late and have discovered that I could instantly reduce the amount of weight I am carrying (-4lbs), and have improved trim at the same time.

What is the motive of these people? How about to promote a better configuration, and a safer way of diving.

What kind of a buddy are you, Elaine? Am I going to have to constantly search for you? Will you be there when I need you to be?

What do you know about B-movies? Rent a lot of those do you?

What do you know about karate styles? Hopefully not enough to kick my ass.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]