Re: Dan expected to be picked up after the dive

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on February 05, 2005 at 17:04:19:

In Reply to: Re: Dan expected to be picked up after the dive posted by Max Bottomtime on February 05, 2005 at 15:52:43:

I've recently returned to diving after a couple of decades break. I'll occasionally be diving from area boats and consider myself a pretty responsible guy. But, I gotta tell you. Had the Divemaster left without me the very least of his troubles would be being sued(not trying to sound threatening). Yes, the diver, the captain, the buddy, even other divers and crew on the boat, had a responsibility to look out after each other. But, the buck stops, and it should, with the Divemaster. Scenario: What if Dan was injured and couldn't swim back to the boat, what if Dan had too much nitrogen on board and was disoriented, what if Dan had a medical problem? The ultimate responsibility of ensuring, absolutely, positively, no ifs, ands or buts, about it belongs to the Divemaster to make sure all divers are aboard. Period! Now as to Dans skin cancer BS. It'll never fly. But, Dans ridiculous Skin Cancer claim or his outrageous conduct AFTER the abandonement does, in no way, minimize the DMs responsibility.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]