diver.net

I resemble that remark

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on May 08, 2006 at 19:35:05:

In Reply to: Re: in theory... posted by Chuck Tribolet on May 08, 2006 at 17:24:06:

WHile I am a PWCer and a Boater, being named as an idot is going a bit too far. Sure I must be an idiot to own boats, but picking on me for the littlist one I own?

At the Colorado River, where we use the ski boat and the SeaDoo, I am always amazed by the young kids who are given the "key" to the PWC by idiot parents. These kids never look around and have no clue about other watercraft in the area. My kids were trained at an early age to know where other boats are and which direction everyone is travelling.

We also use the SeaDoo in the ocean. It is the very best whale watch vessel in the world. It is quite and does not obstruct the view as a larger boat does. I can put along a parrallel course to a pod of whales and never get noticed by them (at least they never alter course and speed from my presence). In my boat, they know I am there and will sometimes sound and change position radically to avoide me being on a parallel track with matched speed.

And one more thing. Have you ever pushed dolphins with a PWC? I discovered that 4 can ride the bow wake with another 6 or so fighting for their turn. It is way cooler than on the boat where the kids on the deck see it and I just get to drive and look down the side.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.