Re: Just where do you get off???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 03, 2001 at 09:58:31:

In Reply to: Just where do you get off??? posted by seahunt on May 03, 2001 at 09:24:31:

Seahunt,

You keep missing the boat.. For example, I didn't calculate a 2 1/2 minute bottom time, the Buhlman algorithm provides for 2 1/2 minutes. You know the Buhlman algorithm don't you????

IT'S THE ONE THAT'S IN YOUR COMPUTER......

That's why is is soooooo hard to have a meaningful conversation with you.. You don't know the basics, but yet want to challenge the conclusions. Then you cross post in an attempt to damage my credibility in an area that you know even less about.. I didn't think it was possible to find an area that you knew less about than deco theory, but alas you provided it. You know NOTHING about Red Blood Cell rigidity, but yet jumped to a conclusion and then posted that I wqs wrong, I got bitch slapped and then cry like a 3 year old. Then you add to the problem by saying that I got bitch slapped in a thread about deep air and that I can't prove narcosis at 150'..

That's why I call you an idiot.. It would be easier if you just admit you know nothing about either issue and then I would spend all day long trying to help you, but if you come out of the box like an expert and then try to challenge me WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING about the underlying subject matter, then I respond in kind.

You recommend dangerous diving practices to someone that is asking about doing a VERY advanced dive that has a very tragic local history, and then you compound the idiocy and admit you have never even done this dive, but then compare it to dives at Gordo Banks and Hawaii, if you can't see why that is dumb then you are behind help..

Hint, hint.. You keep saying that JJ doesn't know anything because he lives in Fla., so what good does your dives in Hawaii do to a diver asking about an OE here in L.A.????

Furthermore, in answer to your question why I have 50+ dives on the wreck, have you ever heard of the word TRAINING??????

We take training very seriously and the Moody presents a perfect opportunity for us to work on our team skills, to bring along newer divers, to test out support divers and to bring the support divers along to bottom divers... I know that kind of concept is way beyond your realm of thinking, but to those of us that believe in team skills and believe that no matter what we want to continue learning, the Moody is the perfect dive..

Further as to the Moody description Kevin Rottner posted one last week and since you admit you have no knowledge of the ship why in the world would you chime in with advise when advising someone about how to approach it????

This is part of the problem with you.. You think because you have a lot of dives that you are qualified to render advise about all areas.. The Moody is way beyond your area of expertise but yet you apply that same lazae' faer attitude and it's that very attitude that killed nearly 12 people last year...

It took a long time for us to get boats to agree to take us back to the Moody after the Douglas incident, nearly 6 years ago.. If we get another tradegy because of unqualified divers on the wreck, we may not be able to get boats to go there again, so please keep your advise to yourself in areas that you know nothing about...

The other thing I don't understand about you is that you have said often that DIR applies for the deep, advanced stuff and then when a deep, advanced dive comes up you start with that personal preference crap.. Diving safety and protocols can't be turned on and off like a light switch and you can't take a diver who admitedly ignores safety as a priority for the overwhelming majority of his dives, who has ill-concieved gear configurations and who has no buddy skills and then take that same person turn on the safety switch, reconfigure his equipment and then buddy him up with someone he doesn't know and expect success...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]