Seahunt's opportunity to present his point of view

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 05, 2001 at 10:04:10:

Seahunt,

You have a long, and storied history on this list.. You've made many claims that ultimately have been proven to be BS.. You, all too often, make outrageous claims and then fail to back them up when challenged to do so. Your often used tactic is to write a post of 3,000+ words, asking umpteenth questions and then ignore all the answers given to you and focus on the obscure and ridiculous..

You have challenged Walker and I so often I lost count months ago, but what became VERY apparent this weekend at the show is that by-in-large the overwhelming people that are either:

1) Regular posters to this list;
2) Lurkers to this list; or
3) Attended the DIR Demo at Scuba Toys with JJ

All realized the same thing, which was; you have absolutely no clue what the hell you are talking about. Your chosen method of dealing with me is to obfuscate, distort and/or misdirect..

Walker offered to give you a free class, I've offered to pay for you to go on a two day trip to demonstrate and explain our methods and JJ, Carmichael, Lonsdale, Walker, May and I detailed everything in a way that a 3rd grader could have understood it. Pat Farina explained in great detail our deco calculations and the resulting gradient manipulations. Your retort has been that * Walker can't spell*,
*I'm Mean* or that * Kelphead agrees with you*.. All to which I ask, who gives a sh*t???????

Here are the facts, once and for all, you posted the following:

Posted by seahunt on May 31, 2001 at 21:55:22

Tell you what, I'll try to write up a description of a diving philosophy that probably encompasses most of what is needed for sport diving and is both much more fun and more practical for local conditions (and many other places) than DIR. I'll make it short enough for you to make it through.

OK, so now I'm making a litmus test out of your post.. I'll note a few things for the record and then I will promise to spend as much time as necessary to discuss line-by-line your theory..

First off, you wrote:

I'll try to write up a description

Given that you, Kelphead and EINS pay such particular attention to language I want clarification of the following:

1) You’ll "try" to write.. As in, you will or you won't???

2) You’ll discuss "a" description.. As in, not necessarily how you dive, but some unrealistic, hypothetical theory of what works better than DIR????

You further went on to disclaim as follows:

I'll try to write up a description of a diving philosophy that probably encompasses most of what is needed for sport diving

So I ask the following:

1) When you say "probably", does that mean you'll later hide behind that disclaimer???

2) When you say, "most" of what is needed, will you later claim when I point out what you are missing that you only said "most"???

You then went on to add to your couched disclaimers with the following:

What is needed for sport diving and is both much more fun and more practical for local conditions

You state NOTHING about added safety and/or efficiency, so given the three musketeers skills and linguistic gymnastics will you hide behind "fun" and "practicality" as opposed to what we promote which is "safer" and more "efficient"...

I want this to be as clear as humanely possible. My feelings are that you hide behind obfuscation and exploitation. I believe you benefit either monetarily or ancillary from the revenue generated based on the traffic on this list, and as such you post for the sake of shock value, as opposed to heartfelt believes. I've requested clarification but neither you, nor Chris, have spoken out. I also believe that when all evidence and/or facts dispel your ideas you throw out red-herrings such as Walker and I can't spell, or that you or Chris are more educated than I am. I'll note for the record I have an AA degree in Business, a BS degree in accounting an MBA in taxation and a CPA. I've worked Big Six accounting firms for the better part of 15 years and I am now a partner in a Beverly Hills Business Management firm. If you want to intellectually challenge me, please go ahead, but I'd point out that given the child-like and unsubstantiated nature of the overwhelming majority of your posting history I'd suggest that you look elsewhere for support..

So the simple, and to the point, question put to you in front of the entire list is, will you take up your own challenge and detail what "probably" makes more sense " most" of the time in "a" system, although not necessarily Seahunt's system, or not???????

Then after I dissect this shame for the mess that it is, will you agree to take a class with Walker or shut the hell up???

I have laid the gauntlet before your feet so the only remaining question is will you back up your own challenge or will you hide behind your usual BS????

Anxiously awaiting your response...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]