Re: Will the mountain come to Michael?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 02, 2001 at 10:08:56:

In Reply to: Will the mountain come to Michael? posted by seahunt on July 01, 2001 at 22:11:57:

Seahunt,

You continue to amaze me with your pessimism and your obstructionist views.. You claim to be a *problem solver*, but yet I never see you offer answers just outdated and arcane views..

With respect to your continued assertion that *I still say DIR in its present form is not optimally adapted to California reef diving, a*

I suggest that you offer up your manifesto before you continue with this aligation.. More and more people are doing it every weekend and you've yet to offer up a cogent reason why you believe what you believe.. To date, all we've heard from you is that anyone that wants to dive overweighted, swim as far away from the boat as possible, doing that helicopter gyro thing and stick there head in to a reef for bugs may not like DIR.. I have said on numerous occasions that DIR isn't for everyone, clearly you fall into that catagorey, but you completely missed the boat with respect to the applicability of DIR to local sport divers.. You've have failed to produce one single thing that DIR can not accomplish in our local environment.. Moreover, the problem solver in you continually speaks to *adding risk* to your diving habits, we continue to focus on safer and more efficient diving habits.. If that doesn't apply to our diving market than you are more out of touch than your posts indicate.. You, according to your own words, do not frequent charter boats, but yet purport to represent a representative sample of the diving market.. Can you explain how you pull off that miracle??? You barely dive any longer and when you do it isn't on the charter boats, so what the hell do you know about the current market place????

If we were so into *competetive* diving as you suggest, then why would we continue to put on FREE seminars to al the shops,clubs and boats??? We want everyone to see, understand and try what we offer.. You've yet to try it but continue to denounce it.. You must be afraid of something.. I offered to pay for you to go on a two day trip, you declined.. Walker offered to give you a free class, you declined.. How is it that you believe you are qualifed to write manifesto's absent an intelligent understanding and a practical application of the DIR system??? That's equivalent of writing a movie review without actually seeing the movie...

Furthermore, with respect to the sinking of the ship.. We are miles away from completion and are by-in-large at ground zero.. There are many hurdles to overcome and there will be many compromises that need to be made and deals that need to be struck.. If you really think that after every politician, every governmental agency, every potential sponsor signs off on this project that I'll somehow miraculously be able to turn this project into the MHK - DIR show than you know less about this undertaking than I'd imagine and you give me way too much credit than I deserve.. Will I continue to focus my efforts on training and education?? Absolutely!!!! But this will be everyone's wreck, not mine.. I'm just trying to add to the dive community, your just trying to be an obstructionist pain in the ass.. If you want to head this project by all means please feel free and then you can do whatever the hell you want, but until you are willing to get involved I'd ask you to stay on the sidelines.. There will be plenty of time available for you to bitch later, let's get the ship first..

If you don't trust my vision and judgement then all I can say is that you are free to take over the project...

My efforts speak to an incresed level of safety and enjoyment of diving. I will continue to advance that cause no matter what you do and no matter how much you cry on this bbs..

Lee Iaccoca used to say : " Lead, follow or get out of the way"

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]