Re: Military vs. Recreational

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 02, 2001 at 14:54:48:

In Reply to: Re: Military vs. Recreational posted by Steve on July 02, 2001 at 13:42:29:

Steve,

As far as I remember I've never flamed you so I hope you weren't speaking about our relationship when you speak of flames..

Nonetheless, I think it is imperative to discuss our practical experience levels when we are offering up analysis with respect to FFM's..

In other words , you and I have never met, but if, for example, you are talking about diving in some aquarium or some Cayman pool, I would have to discount your advise. I have no idea who you are, nor do I have any idea where you dive, but I'm simply offering up my very real and very practical experience.. I've, sadly, been in these discussions in the past with some on this list that dive FFM's in the Pacific Aquairium, which is completely different than diving in the real world.. Those same individuals were attempting to compare those experiences against diving to 300' in Monterey, in zero vis, strong currents and doubles and deco bottles..

My comments in this thread were directed at Kevin who is planning to dive one of the most dangerous dives in the world, and as such, my comments should be taken in that regard..

If you are talking about some BS dive in the aquarium then that needs to be disclosed because th two are polar opposite..

I'm advised that your experiences with FFM's are limited to the aquarium and as such should be prefaced with that disclaimer..

Please confirm if you have real life diving experiences or are you simply offering your opinion about some dives in the aquarium..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]