Re: need a better story....

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on January 20, 2003 at 15:24:04:

In Reply to: need a better attorney.... posted by ChrisM on January 20, 2003 at 14:50:24:

Chris asked: "What would you have done with me, after surfacing from a dive off Mike Ball with 0 psi....... Spent twenty minutes swimming around UW, and then, when air was 0, on the surface, with a Minke whale."

I would recommend you do your best to not tell me this.
:-)

Seriosly, though, I'd probably be tempted to do the same polciy. I mean think about it. Great, you're with a Minke whale. Come up with 100psi, 50psi, just come up with SOMEthing in your tank so you can say you weren't out of air.

But I really do think running out of air represents one of the most careless things a diver can do and it indicates to me that you're not paying as much attention as you should. Being done for the day, while it may sound excessively punitive, certainly will get your attention.

As I said earlier, I've yet to see anyone justify running out of air. All anyone does (and I'd throw the Minke whale story in this category too) is come up with some excuse/reason why THEIR instance of out-of-air was okay as an exception. Eventually, IMHO, it will catch up with you.

- Ken

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]