Annual scuba regulator maintence-opinions requested.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on November 23, 2003 at 02:56:26:

Just curious how often you guys/gals have your scuba regulators serviced. Do you have your regulators serviced annually religiously? Do you wait till just before a major dive vacation to have them serviced? Do you service it only when it is broke?

Manufacturers usually only honor their warranty. If the regulator is serviced annually. So is annually the best guide line? What if a guy buys a top of the line regulator. Then for whatever reason is unable to dive for several years. Should he have to kiss his warranty good bye. Or spend enough money on annual maintences to just buy a new one?

I am personally a bit nervous to have my regulators serviced. I have had to many bad experiences with mechanics working on anything and everything. A reliable auto mechanic is a rare find. So is a good regulator service person. Any body care to recommend a good scuba equipment serviceman.

I personally do most of my diving in very clean and clear mountain lakes and rivers. The water I dive in. Is cleaner than what most divers rinse their gear in or even drink. No I don't have all my regulators annually serviced now. Although when I lived on the coast and made several salt water dives a week. I did have annually overhauls performed and sometimes more often, depending on my comfort level with my equipment.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]