diver.net

Cooking lobsters humanely

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on October 18, 2005 at 16:47:29:

OK, usually I spend most of my time trying to be the black knight, you know, the burly he-man, but torturing animals is not my cup of tea.

Now most people do not care if they throw a perfectly lvie and conscious lobster in a boilign pot of water and watch it thrash, but in spite of the loons that try top claim lobsters do not feel pain, one has to wonder why the hell they would thrash about....doing the lobster hip-hop?! I know, the lobsters have been watching too many reruns of "So You Think You Can Dance?"!

Personally to spare these critters as much discomfort as possible, I put them in the vegetable crisper which put the into a state of hibernation. Then I thrown them whole into the boiling pot. They are alive, but unconcious....sorta like general anesthesia....

I cook them whole so that when I remove the tail from the thorax, all the meat that is edible comes out of the thorax.

Now none of this costs anybody anything, and it is the least we can do to spare as much pain as possible to the animals we eat.

How about it gang?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.