Re: Seahunt...

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on March 24, 2005 at 18:44:42:

In Reply to: Seahunt... posted by Dwill on March 24, 2005 at 16:45:16:

>Ok, I have some questions...
I have a quick question. Have you ever contributed anything to this board but complaints?
>First I was only being a little light hearted with my "DIR" post.
>I didn't attack anyone, didn't even mention anyone.
>I didn't say anything bad about DIR, made a little joke, poking fun at MHK. He sent me a PM an
>laughed about it. If you want and he doesn't care I'll post it.
>It seems to me the problems on this board come from within more than from the outside.
>Want a recent example.
>I put up a post in jest and Frank call me names I won't even repeat.
>That post stays up for all to see, why is that Frank even felt the need to call me names, I didn't
>mention him in my post and when I do mention Frank, it's not in any sort of negative way so why go
>after me. The post stays up because someone "forgot" their pass word...I almost beleive that...NOT.
Do you know me? Do you have reason to think I am a lier? Do you think you would call me a lier to my face? Really, I don't think that is a road you can make it to the end of or have the nerve to really start down.
I was actually surprised I didn't have what I needed to delete the post from where I was. I will in the future.
>What I do beleive is that the post stayed up as bait for Mike or someone else from the other board to
>commment on and then those on this board would cry about being attacked by the other board.
Huh? They don't need anything new to comment on and I need nothing new to say that they are attacking from the other board. That's a bit self evident.
>Want another example; why whenever someone questions something done on this board that maybe could
>have been done in a different way, maybe even a safer way, why is that Seahunt always trys to drag
>MHK into and DIR into the "discussion" even though MHK never posts to this board anymore.
Huh? DIR gets very little mention and I don't remember it picking up any critism. I also don't
remember mentioning MHK until his recent post on this bbs. While it is true that MHK no longer posts here, he sure does post a lot about this bbs on the other one. I truely cannot believe how much of posts on the other bbs are about this bbs and me. That's pathetic. Really, it looks like that bbs has had its run.
>Yet another example and a question. Why is that when Seahunt finally gets MHK to comment on
>something, why then does he have to post things like MHK broke the "agreement" on the "truce" between
>the two boards.
>What "agreement" and "truce"...if there is one why is it Sergio knows nothing of it, after all it's
>his board.
When the new board was created, one of the first posts was by MHK whining at Chris as was MHK's habit at the time. It was SLANG that said to quit complaining about the other board. That it was stupid now that there was another board for him. Since then, there was something of an understanding that there would not be attacks between the boards. It would defeat the purpose of the new board.
Every so often MHK forgets, so I remind him. the truce was never with Sergio, because he was never obcessed with harassing people like MHK and Co. were. Originally, MHK pretty much stuck with the truce because of the wishes of most of the members of that BBS. Now, considering how few there are left over there and from what I can see of who they are, I can see why he chooses not to care.
I cracked up when the bbs was new, Sergio asked what people wanted and some wag responded "more
reports from seahunt".
>Could it be that no one knows about this "agreement" because it doesn't exist??? Could it
>be that it was made up by someone over hear for some reason.
>You want peace...don't throw stones.
>You want peace...try not attacking someone who is obviously not being serious.
Go look at the other board. it doesn't look like they want peace.
>You want peace...(Elaine) try not going after someone and calling them a sockpuppet with no value;
>when all that person did was point out something that could be of benifit to you (without name
>calling, judging or anything else) with good intention. By the way as Ross corectly pointed out,
>most people hear know who I am, so I'm hardly a sockpuppet.
>Just an observation, but, IMO I think some of the people, if not all of the
>people that run this board enjoy all of this.
>If not why do they start it....
Could you go to the new bbs and look at the date of the posts. They predeed MHK's recent post that I responded to. Let me help you out. Check
http://www.scubadivernet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Dive;action=display;num=1111451291
I guess it's cool that they find me so fascinating, but it's still weird.
>Okay, back to lurking and joking. BTW Elaine, I really enjoy reading your dive reports and looking
>at the pictures you take. You have a talent with photography. I'm sorry if I said something in the
>thread about your dive to upset you. I really didn't mean to do that, my comment about the anchor
>line was sincere not a put down or an attack.
>But I guess I'll keep anything that might be helpful to myself.
You already do.
>After all most on this board would rather listen to "stuff" (see I didn't use a bad word there)
>like "you can treat DCS with aspirin and bed rest" posted by some (fill in the blank)that can
>actually get you hurt.
>That's the kind of "stuff" that should get deleted.
I have to admit, that didn't seem like the brightest post. You might have noticed a number of people corrected it. Still, one thing people like you and MHK have taught us is that there are
far worse things than stupidity.
I have to ask. Do you think anyone takes you seriously. Have you ever posted a report? I don't remember, but it doesn't seem so. Why is it all you do is just complain? Doesn't it get to you? You want your post put up again. Just for your info, I've asked Chris if I can just go ahead and remove everything posted by people like you. Others on the board have requested it as well in emails. You offer nothing good to the community. Chris is nice and says not to, but you are nothing to me and I have no use for you. Why not just help out the bbs and go away? How about it? Can you do that for us?
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]