Re: Are there job opportunites for Diving Instructors in the San Diego area?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Timm on February 01, 2001 at 20:28:26:

In Reply to: Re: Are there job opportunites for Diving Instructors in the San Diego area? posted by John Walker on February 01, 2001 at 18:24:14:

Just a little note to John Walker who felt the need to express his opinion about my information request.

PADI is definitely not responsible for my knowledge of this SPORT, as you are insinuating.
First of all, diving is not a sport for me, it is for me a serious occupation and art to survive under water. PADI just gave me a way to make a living as a diving instructor in the past.

I obtained my initial dive training and experience in the German navy, where I was a combat diver for quite a few years. I'm also a qualified Instructor for 4 other internationally recognized scuba diving organizations in addition to PADI. I teach in three different languages and have dive experience of 17 years in different places in the world, including teaching technical diving and diving with physically and mentally handicapped people . If you are also capable of teaching these things you would quickly realize that I am not just an 18 year old boy who learned his trade in the tourist dive center around the corner.

Maybe you should be careful of making opinions of people and their abilities before making negative comments about them or what they have to say. It would have been nice if you would have had something helpful to say instead of questioning my abilities and knowledge in diving.

Sincerely
Michael Timm

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]