Re: Are there job opportunites for Diving Instructors in the San Diego area?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on February 01, 2001 at 18:24:14:

In Reply to: Re: Are there job opportunites for Diving Instructors in the San Diego area? posted by seahunt on February 01, 2001 at 11:03:06:

Seahunt, I think you mean honest. Anyone with the label PADI has become a joke. I don't think you realize how serious this joke is becomming. But I do realize you know absolutely nothing of diver education.
The PADI organization is full of unexperienced, uneducated divers in charge of training other divers, including children as young as 8 in the use of SCUBA. PADI promotes home education for the lack of actual expertise their instructors have.
Ironically the PADI journel this month was dedicated to children in diving. Sadly all they could say was that either this bad thing could happen to children or that bad thing could happen to them, nothing to the effect of how to prevent children from being injured. In my opinion their Journal totally admits that children in diving is risky and they could get injured much easier than adults.
Another PADI laugh is their new TECH program brought to you by Ca-l(no nothing)Sh--eves which discourages the most modern diving methology and recommend diving deep on air, even though modern physiological studies and common sense have sighted many dangers in doing so.
If Micheal was insulted by my reply then I am sorry. But, he should be insulted that the PADI organization gave him some worthless title which probably convinced him he new something about this sport (and at an education level).
Now call me what you will but have the balls to post you own name.

My Honest Opinion

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]