Re: Enough nicities...what's the procedure for the multilevel NDL computatio

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gerry Smith on March 05, 2001 at 09:42:08:

In Reply to: Enough nicities...what's the procedure for the multilevel NDL computatio posted by Dimitrios on March 04, 2001 at 22:53:45:

Dimitrios,

First, to give credit where it’s due, my thanks to Jim, John, Mike and Jarrod for a good presentation about a body recovery from a mine, cave diving with WKPP, and DIR. And the hot dogs were good too. I had to leave after the first two hours to catch a boat, so I missed the part of the presentation Jarrod said would be about gear. I think we’ve hammered the gear questions to dust here on the BB, so I was OK about missing that.

I was disappointed that Jarrod did not present on Mike’s deco calculation method. His comment was something like you have to take a class to understand it. I had heard he was coming specifically to address that topic. Was it discussed after 5:00 PM? If so can somebody tell me what was said? John Walker gave me a very short explanation of the DIR method while standing over the BBQ. It was clear, easy to understand and it made great sense. But rather than confuse things by relying on my memory I'll ask him to post the bare bones explanation he gave me.

The other missing piece was the application of DIR to open water sport diving. Jarrod mentioned a time or two that the system worked in open water dives, but he left it at that. Was there further discussion? Did he say when the book would be available?

I came away with an unchanged opinion of DIR, mostly positive but with previously discussed exceptions to the attitude and to the gear, and still wondering about the human deco computer.

GS

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]