Re: Just curious In the way of what? ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on June 25, 2001 at 20:51:26:

In Reply to: Just curious In the way of what? ... posted by JohnB on June 25, 2001 at 16:01:45:

>a bungee key fob?
>an Emerald bracelet?
>Cufflinks?
>while you drag that console over the reef... what is on your wrists?
Do you actually bring all those along with you diving???
There is nothing on my wrists, as it should be, to give them maximum freedom of movement... and my console is usually flipped up over my leg where it doesn't drag any and is still an instant grab away.

>and you know if you just go simple and take ONLY lead, no BP, no tank,
>no compensator, no regulator,etc. you can stay down for WEEKS If the
>goal is only bottom time
Well, it's really what you do with your bottom time and I use mine well.

>and does not include being able to share the dive experience with friends
>and family or ever go again.
Is diving a social event for you? I dive to do what I do when diving. Myself, I enjoy the solitude as much as anything else.
Then again, on the web and my site, I've been able to share my dive experiences with thousands and have had many people tell me how much they enjoyed my site.

>Me, I'm not that depressed yet and Vinny from the Bronx still has not found me.
Well, I don't know what to make of that, but always remember that you have to be good company for yourself or you're in trouble. If you like diving, a good dive should make you feel better. You had better get into the water.

>It's just a guide there are no PSI police down there to spank you but
>it is good to work more on your streamlining and 'consumption that
>it is to just stay down til you're out.
In my 30 years of diving, I've thought of a lot of ideas for diving and I've tried a lot too. The most drag from my gear is from my goody-bag. No one can seem to give me a good suggestion on curing that (I fold it inside itself).
By the way, consumption (stretching your air)isn't all it's cracked up to be. I swim hard and stretching air when exercizing hard can get you a headache and other problems. If I'm running, I breathe like I'm running. That's why I like a large tank.
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]