Re: Hey Tim

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tribes on August 15, 2002 at 09:56:06:

In Reply to: Re: The Point is posted by Captain Tim on August 14, 2002 at 20:53:02:

Tim, there have been other accidents on the Moody besides Darren and his son. The point I was trying to make is, that if you can't do the dive right (gas supply, gas mix, equipment,training, configuration, plan)then it shouldn't be done(and by the way this is true for all diving not just the Moody).
Tim I dove the Moody on single 72's in the 70's. That is what we had. But it's different now, we have more tools (to make a dive like this safer) we know more, we have better equipment, better gas, better training, better configurations.
It just doesn't make any sense to make a dive to 140 on air with single tanks (with what we know now).
Tim you have the best dive boat in SoCal, why risk all you have, so that a bunch of cowboys can dive like this? You have dove this wreck, you know what can happen (I think you even had an OOA with a G250 on a deeper dive). If divers want to dive the Moody, then they should have the training and configuration to do it.
Diving will never be completely safe, but if we have the tools to make it safer, why not use them?
Let's not have a repeat of history.

Tribes

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]