diver.net

Adventures with having a tank hydro'ed - what a bummer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on November 26, 2006 at 15:26:09:

I took a tank in for an air fill. The air fill was denied because it was noted that the tank was due for a hydro. So, the tank was left for its required maintenance.

A few weeks later when I was on vacation, I received a call "Hi there, your tank is back, you can come pick it up.

I went to retrieve my tank (it is my favorite one by the way - the one I'm most attached to) and, after an extensive search, no one can find it. I receive a call the next day, that they are doing everything possible to locate it, but it isn't in the store. Maybe on Monday they can try some other avenues to locate the missing tank.

OK, this is a piece of my life support equipment and I don't like it turning up mysteriously missing - and I may never see it again, if I do see it again how do I know what kind of life it has been leading while it has been missing? Normally, my tanks are never out of my possession unless they are being filled at a dive store.

What do I do? Look for it on EBay? Jeff Shaw, did you have anything to do with this?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to