diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Um...Huh?

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Knight on November 20, 2008 at 16:21:55:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Um...Huh? posted by Elaine on November 20, 2008 at 15:56:40:

"There is no white flag. I just haven't seen a huge community based effort to provide input."

That's why Ken and I posted here. There should be an effort or at least an interest from divers in what is going on with this process. We get so much pleasure from the ocean, shouldn't we commit a little bit of time to getting them healthy? No one says you have to go to the meeting but what is stopping you from calling or emailing a stakeholder like Steve Benevides and saying "Steve, this is what I think about...." All these reasons why you can't do something like that ring hollow to me. No one has suggested you go physically to any location other than your computer or your phone. Clearly going to a meeting can't happen but you can't find a few minutes to be a part of the process and encourage other to do so as well? I don't understand that.

You post all the time on this board and even make the effort to complain about lack of other diver involvement in the MPLA. Why not spend a fraction of that time encouraging people to at least think about the process and how hey can help influence it for the better.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to