I would have deleted such a post!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on May 03, 2001 at 12:08:00:

In Reply to: this list is bias posted by John Walker on May 02, 2001 at 15:01:17:

Seeing your post as it attempted to defend personal attacks makes me angry. Why not argue about diving and related topics. Ranting and raving about non-diving aspects of personal lives really has no place here in my opinion. If that is your pleasure, go to a teenager chat room.

I find it appropriate for the editor of any forum to control the content and ensure that the forum meets it goals. I suspect that in this case the goals include providing a place where local divers can fearlessly discuss their points of view and see how others think about diving related issues. An important aspect of preserving this goal is ensuring that divers can post without fear that they will be rediculed for their honesty.

Maybe you guys get together and brag about how you put down this person or that person, but to us out here in the audience, you just look assinine. I wonder how many potential students you have frightened away with your vociferous attacks and poor written communication skills. I for one, would never take a class from you based on what I have seen you say. You might be a wonderfully well educated person, but you communication skills demonstrated have lead me to believe you are a poor teacher. Rightly or wrongly, this is the impression you give.

Leaders lead. This happens because folks want to follow. You seem to want to push. You can only push from behind. And your attacks against Frank Farmer and others make me worry about ever allowing you behind my back.

Didn't your parents tell you that when you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all? Or is it that you think it is good to hurl insults because it makes you feel superior? Between you and MHK, this board has really gotten nasty lately. And it is harming your reputations, not those who you attack.

Having your rantings deleted should be considered a favor.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]