Re: Nitrox question - non O2 cleaned cylinders

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 06, 2001 at 15:29:11:

In Reply to: Re: Nitrox question - non O2 cleaned cylinders posted by AADIVER on August 06, 2001 at 12:32:04:

Frank,

I agree that I don't want to get into a senseless back and forth.. My point wasn't that I'm right and you are wrong.. My point was that if a particular dive shop wants to have some standard that says you need; 1) 02 clean or; 2) some silly sticker, etc.. than that is a store policy and ABSOLUTELY NOT some ad hoc rule that should be adobted as gospel..

Take for example the 130' rule, that is now gospel, take for example the 24 hour diving and flying rule, that is now gospel, take for example the 1.6 for 45 minutes, that is now gospel... These are all examples of BS that, while safe and conservative, aren't necessarily gospel, but have the ability to become gospel because all too many 18 year old at the dive shop don't know any better..

That was my point.. I have NO problem with conservation, but I have a problem with something becomming the rule of the land because of some ill-logical and not well thought out reasoning...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]