PuhLEEEEZE nice example of total denial...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JohnB on July 05, 2001 at 22:44:42:

In Reply to: i didn't want to comment until i understood... posted by kelphead on July 05, 2001 at 21:30:16:

U.S. IS indeed the biggest gross polluter no doubt there but it is the NUMBER of humans that is the problem! one human could set off an atomic weapon once per year and pour a gallon of oil everyday on the ground and the planet can handle it but 6 1/2 billion? And who do you think all that uranium was used for? do you think that some idiot is out there mining and refining it just to watch it glow? It is SOLD to corporations to use so they can sell the by product (electricity, medical, weapons) to an ever growing population in third world countries!! NO OTHER CREATURES are mining the stuff ONLY H U M A N S !! everything you listed is used for/by HUMANS!!! Science in general through many studies agree that this planet can deal with around 2 billion humans polluting the way they always do. BUT that is the breaking point over 2 billion (ie 6.5 billion!) is too overwhelming and nature cannot keep up US population is not growing at the rate of third world by a LONG shot third world countries are beginning to get the leftovers and "benefits" of modern tech which helps them have and keep more babies without the benefit of a greater planetary understanding and as they get those benefits they misuse them even worse than we do here in the U.S.
come on if one person poops ya just walk away but 6.5 BILLION poop EVERY DAY!! do you actually think that there is no effect on the planets ecosystem? Rhetorical there is only ONE answer to that, "No I don't think that."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]