diver.net

Re: Trip Report and Photos - Sea Divers at Osborne Bank on the Great Escape 6/17/06

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 10, 2006 at 19:36:02:

In Reply to: Trip Report and Photos - Sea Divers at Osborne Bank on the Great Escape 6/17/06 posted by Elaine on July 07, 2006 at 19:42:26:

Elaine,

I'm appreciative of the numerous posters that frequent this list that enjoyed your report, as did I. I wonder now that the usual back slapping has taken place can I ask a few questions:

1) Who was your buddy?

2) What gas did you dive?

3) Was it a "deco" dive and if so, what was your deco gas and dive profile?

4) If it was an air dive what was your NDL time since "your computer never went past 130'"?

5) Do you think using an AL 80 is the appropriate choice for a 125' dive, if so, why?

6) Since you "never ventured far from the anchor line".. "because you knew it was your lifeline back to the boat", did you run a line? Did you have a SMB since you considered "if the boat swung would it still be likely to hold.. If it moved where would it go?" Did you have a contingency plan if the anchor broke free?

7) Since "it's lke pulling teeth to get you past 80' ", and you did "a" training dive with Ross where "at 150' the bottom was there but not necessarily visible" and "you'd never been before". Do you, as the experienced diver you present yourself to be, believe that was adequate training for Osborne? Is Ross qualified, and/or, trained to train divers in deco diving?

Anyway, I'll copy this post and re-post it on Sergio's board since I doubt Chris will allow it to stand here, but I've gone out o my way to be polite, but yet still raise the salient questions associated with a dive suh as Osborne, and I believe that if someone posts a trip report, and is willig to accept the acclaim that most others attribute, then perhaps they will respond to the multitude of questions such a report raises..

Regards

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.