I think you're right on point....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on August 08, 2000 at 15:53:10:

In Reply to: Anciliary effects of a diving death posted by MHK on August 08, 2000 at 14:39:56:

When I read posts from folks who defend their 'right' to dive solo (or other questionable practices), consequences be damned, it reminds me of when motorcycle helmet laws were first introduced. Everyone bitched and moaned about the loss of their 'freedom'. Well what these folks always forgot to talk about were the EMTs that had the pleasure of scraping their brains off the asphalt after a motorcyclist was done excercising their 'freedoms' to the limit, or the insurance companies who had to pay to keep these brain-dead freedom fighters on life support for the next few years until their bodies gave out. Or how about the husbands/wives/girlfriend/boyfriends/children they left behind?

I'm tired of hearing about everyone's rights and not hearing about the responsibilities involved. Where's the rights for the rest of us - the ones pulling the divers out of the water and living with the image of that diver's death? Where's the freedom in that?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]