Question about visual inspections

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dawhale on August 11, 2002 at 14:53:03:

I have just returned from SPORT CHALET. Yes I use them because it is the only dive shop in the Santa Clarita valley. I like West Coast Divers better but it is about 35 miles round trip. I was asked to show my C-card and then a driver’s license. The kid said just because I had a c-card did not mean it was mine. Man this was a first for me and I have been going to this store for 6 years. I felt like asking him for ID because I did not know him either. Any way I took four tanks into be filled to day and it was noted my visuals had expired. Being too lazy to drive down to the valley I told the kid to go ahead and do the visuals. I gave them a few hours and returned. Two were fine, one they want to tumble and one they only gave me a visual good for six months. I said what’s up with that? They said it was marginal and want to look at it in six months. I have never heard of this being done. The kid said it is in their training book. So to any one out their who is trained or certified to do visuals my question is, Say it ain’t so? Oh by the way. The kid said my HP 100 would take about 30 days to service. I have another tank or I would have had a cow. dawhale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]