diver.net

All divers and fishermen have to help on this one!

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim Burke on September 15, 2005 at 19:24:02:

A few nights ago most of the dive boat owners in So cal got together with Fish and Game for a meeting to help each other. The meeting went very well, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of the members of the Fish and Game that took the time to join us. We had the wardens of this area at this meeting, despite their personal objections to the meeting. They thought this was to be just a bitch session, and it did not turn out that way. We asked many questions, and they gave us answers that were very helpful. No one yelled each other and many positive came from this meeting, in my opinion.
One topic though, came up from one of the captains that I have never heard of before. This topic has to be resolved, and has to be resolved now. A very select few, illegal, Fishermen are fishing for Black Sea Bass at Italian Gardens at Catalina. This has got to stop. Every boat, every diver, every fishermen has to do what they can to stop this. Fish and Game is aware of this, but they need our help. There is no game to be taken off of Italian Gardens; it is the home of the Giant Black Sea Bass. If you see anyone fishing there call F&G. If you can get a hold of them call me, or Joy. I know a few of the F&G personally, and your message will get through.

Captain Tim
Great Escape Charters Inc.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to